Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Wednesday 7 April 2010

The Colour Purple...


Hello Magnolia fans....
Another card with the cutest girl in town....Tilda!

I have made this card and have used it in the Magnolia Stamp Lovers..(The colour Purple) challenge... http://magnoliastamplovers.blogspot.com/

I hope the photo looks ok I am not too good with a camera, it is coming out pinky...However I promise you it's Purple!!
Although purple is not a colour I use that often, I was not short of purple supplies when making this card.
For the background I have chosen a sheet of textured purple cardstock from the DCWV Latte stack. To give interest I have cut the corner with my "w" shaped punch, and I have used this on the paper too. The beautiful paper used is from a sampler kit from Websters Papers...called "Nature's Storybook, this sheet is Violette Wings, and is the most beautiful paper I have seen for a long time. These sheets are 12x12.
This is where you can see them and get inspiration.
http://www.websterspages.com/

I have never used a little doily in my work before, so thought this was the perfect card to try it out on, I am really pleased with the result. I added ink to the edges of it and then little pearl gems.
My Magnolia image is the lovely Jam Tilda, I love the way her little hands are in her lap, so cute, and I have coloured her with Pro-markers.
I cut flowers and leaves with a Nellie punch, and from my stash I found the lovely single stem purple rose. The card is finished with a border of DCWV latte stack card in green and purple and I have used my MS punch on the boarder. The purple ribbons are from my stash. The lovely "Treasure" stamp is a Hero Art stamp.
DONE!
You know what they say?....Purple is the new black!!
Debbiexx

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Beautiful! Love the papers and love what you have doen with the rose bud. How have you coloured Tilda? If copics what colours? hugs Shelley

Lindsey said...

Hi Debbie!
What a beautiful card! The doily is genius and I love purple, definately the new black! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I love your cards so hope you don't mind if I tag onto your blog too!
Linds xx

dolcreations said...

Oh this card is ever so sweet! I love the soft purples! I love how you placed that rose on your card...very nice!

Shelley said...

Debbie, this is gorgeous. Love the colours you have used and the way you have positioned the rosebud. hugs Shelley

Dena said...

such a pretty card! I love the doily and the pearls!
Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week!
Hugs, Dena

Suzie Q said...

Hi Debbie,
Thank you kindly for your lovely comments!
beautiful cards i see you love magnolias!!
so glad i have found a fellow micro pig lover aren't they just the sweetest thing - next best thing to a baby! lol x
hugs
Suzie Qx

Unknown said...

You have done a great job Debbie, this is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers! Hugs, Stephanie

Vivi Casale said...

wow, your card is adorable!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!
xxx
Vivi