Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Tuesday 1 May 2012

My Lovely Mum~



Hi All~
What a miserable day, weather wise here, it was raining and cold.
Hello May!!  I was expecting you to be a tad nicer than this!!
I have been busy Scrapbooking again today. I got my jobs done in the afternoon and tonight I have been having a "playing".
I love this picture of my beautiful Mum.
It was taken about four years ago at a relatives Wedding, I thought this picture of her, not looking at the camera was so natural and lovely, she looked so nice in her light grey suit, with her little fascinator popping out of her fabulous salt and pepper hair!  She is a really trendy, young looking lady with great style.  (The person in the corner of the photo with a white jacket on, her back to you, is Yours Truly, a great photo.....showing my back rather than my front!! Ha, ha)

I have chosen to do this lovely sketch over at "Once upon a Sketch" and the theme to go with the sketch is "Mum".
I have hundreds of photo's of my Mum, some gorgeous B&W ones of her in the 50's (she was so gorgeous) and loads of her on holiday with Dad (they used to love their holls and went all over) .

On Saturday she became a Great Nana, so no doubt I will have hundreds more now taken with her holding Baby Iris.









I have used some papers from Scrapperdashery, and other leftover bits from my stash.
I like this base paper, it has words from famous people written on the background.........this one has the words of  William Wordsworth's poem "Daffodil's".

I have also used Tim Holtz large Alterations Bodyform Die.
Hobbyhouse Pearls and Roses.
MS border punch.
Butterfly stamp by Inkilicious.
Chipboard heart and flower. (I have used paper on the heart and coloured the flower with markers).
All the edges have been inked with Walnut stain.

I have written one of my favourite sayings on the Journalling part of the Layout....
"To the world you are just one person, but to one person you are the World". I love this.

Entering into:

Once Upon a Sketch--Sketch and "Mum theme"
Anything Goes Ch--Things with Wings
Craft Your Passion Ch--Lots of Texture
Clear it Out--Flowers
Kadoodle Doodle--Add Dimension
Papertake Weekly--Anything Goes
The Corrosive Ch--Anything Tim Holtz


Debbiexx




19 comments:

Tracey T said...

Debbie, I have to say that I've found this really inspirational. I have photos of my mum, who's still going strong at 77, but I've never done anything with them. Having seen this beautiful layout I've made up my mind to make for the Boy Wonder to show his children one day. Thank you, sweetie! xx

Elaine coustley said...

A beautiful layout of your mum. Love the colours you have chosen.Yes it is a great photo as you say "so natural". x

nancyparker55 said...

Debbie, This layout about your Mom is lovely. What a special keepsake this is. Love the pretty flowers. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous layout Debbie.
luv
Debby

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful layout with such a dear and special subject.
Hugs
Desire

cheryl said...

Oh this is just gorgeous,love the layout,and your detail is just beautiful,,bless you for playing at anything goes this week hugs Cherylxxxxx

Sheila said...

What a beautiful photo of your Mum and such a stunning page too. Lovely colours and love your journalling - we take our Mam/s for granted when we are younger don't we? Not til you are a Mam yourself that you realise your errors. Have a great day Debs, Sheila:)X

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful layout and the words are lovely.It really is the perfect keepsake.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What a gorgeous and at the same time pretty LO! Just love the color tones and the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “3D” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Thanks also for leaving a sweet comment at Kaboodle Doodles 3D challenge post! =)

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Gorgeous layout with lovely colors and a beautiful picture of your mom! Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

I Don't Do Straight said...

Lovely lay out..... the colours really compliment the photo of your Mum. Thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenges :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Gorgeous page and lovely photo of your mum. It is so important to scrap all those significant people in our lives...
Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at OUAS!!

Georgia Heald said...

Such pretty colors and a great photo of your mum. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS =)

Jasmine S said...

Such a beautiful page and I am sure she is just so excited about becoming a Great Nana. I love your interpretation of the challenge. Thanks for playing along at OUAS :)

Laura W said...

Great layout! I really like how you used the flowers for a border. Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge Blog

Natalie said...

What a gorgeous page
Thanks for playing along at OUAS

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What a lovely page - I love all the repeated dress-forms. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Once Upon a Sketch.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I like the way you have put your own spin on the sketch!