Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Saturday 28 July 2012

Another "C" card! .........What's going on?



Hiya girls~

Oh my "Giddy Aunt" I cannot believe I have made another "C" card and it's only July!!!
In our house it is a standing joke that we never use the "C" word until August!
I know...it's daft isn't it? But it's just how it's always been! LOL

I am quite excited as I have the "Olympic Games" bug, cannot wait for the Gymnastics, Velodrome,
Athletics, boxing, rowing, swimming.....everything really! Not allot I don't like (accept cars going round and round, but don't think that happens in these games!!)
Not sure about our opening ceremony, don't know what I was expecting really, but i knew one thing NOTHING could compare to Beijing, that was incredible and I remember at one time almost crying it was so good!

Anyway down to business.  I had no choice in making this "C" card,  the "Powers that be" over at Sweet Stampin' have chosen the theme for this weeks challenge.
(Ta Girls, I am now making a start on my stash of "C" cards needed for this year. It's never too early to start now is it? Especially with the great hoard I had to make last year!!)
I now have a stash of about 12, so only about 240 to go!!  LOL

Our sponsors this week are Di's Digi Downloads.

So onto my card.  I hope you like it.


I have chosen one of my favourite LOTV images, what a cute little couple.
I just love this image and last year I made quite a lot of "C" cards using it.

The paper is one of my favourites by Graphic 45. Thank goodness I bought a load of it just recently, as it has now gone out of print and it will be very hard to get hold of.
The beauty about this paper is, it is double sided and I have used both sides on this card. I love the black and beige holly pattern one side and the sweet little "Carol" paper the other side. I like to cut the Carol paper up like this, looks like a little postcard by the time it is matted up.
I have also used some light coloured Kraft card. All edges are inked with black soot.
Not sure who's sentiment this is. Chocolate pearls are Hobby House.

Entering into:

Crafts and Me--Anything Goes

Fab n' Funky--No Stamped Image (Pre-Printed Topper)

Lexis Ch--Christmas in July

The Cutie Pie Ch--Christmas in July

Debbiexx

12 comments:

Shirley said...

Beautiful card! I really like how you kept the colours of the card neutral, but used some beautiful oclours for the image itself! I really makes your image stand out! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Sue said...

Such a lovely card, the image is gorgeous and the colours are so beautiful

Thanks so much for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge

Sue

Lisa xx said...

beautiful card with a fab layout xx thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie, fab 'C' card - I'm being forced into this too!!!

Love your papers, so elegant.

Sarah

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, adorable image...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Jo said...

Fab card, great image and that paper is just gorgeous!Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck!
Hugs Jo x
DT

Lynsey said...

Hi Debbie, what a great Christmas card and that paper is gorgeous!
Hugs Lynsey x

Natali said...

Again in this style Christmas card. And I LOVE it!! Gorgeous combinations kraft with black and splash of colour image. Gorgeous.
Hugs
Natali

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Thanks for joining in our anything goes challenge over at Crafts and Me with this fabulous creation. Hugs...Mona

Jenny said...

I just love your 'C' card. The image is so soft and subtle - fabulous! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I love your card - it is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time! Good luck in the Challenge.

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

PS I am hosting a giveaway on my blog, starting tomorrow if you want to drop by :)

Sarn said...

That's a gorgeous festive card (note that I didn't use the C word!).

I host a Rudolph Day challenge on the 25th of each month if you feel the urge to make another C Card!!!!

Hugs
Sarn xxx